photosmidwest

Monday, June 8, 2009

Job Seekers: What Not to Do

Well, here are some additional dos and don'ts for job seekers. Apparently one cannot use links to additional information when corresponding with recruiters because it is a pet-peeve.

Short-Cut Introductions

With more people looking for work in today's economy, I've been seeing an increase in what I call "lazy introductions" come across my desk. It goes something like this: "I'm writing you to introduce myself. I live in New York and I'm looking for a job," and in the signature is a link to a LinkedIn profile or possibly a resume. A brief introduction should come with a background, highlights, and reason for connecting. A job search is a job in itself and requires some personalization and effort for each and every introduction.
-- Lindsay Olson, partner, Paradigm Staffing
read more

No comments:

iframe src="//rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?o=1&p=45&l=ur1&category=primediscounted&banner=15JPEDP96DVN393Z8N02&f=ifr&linkID=7b1459e251585280c07ed3f766c62486&t=buymyamazon-20&tracking_id=buymyamazon-20" width="192" height="53" scrolling="no" border="0" marginwidth="0" style="border:none;" frameborder="0">

Telegraph Barack Obama

Video - CNNMoney.com

starbulletin.com | Local News Hawaii