photosmidwest

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Million Father March—Take A Child to School!

August 18, 2010 will be Gary Community School System's first day of school. The Million Father March Pledge for Fathers and Men have organized a take-a-child-to-school day to take their children or another child to school, according to the Black Star Project, organized by the Gary Commission on the Social Status of Black Males.
Attending school with an adult is important to the morale of students. Participants of the Million Father March are essentially making a pledge to these students to care about them and the quality of their educational and socioeconomic future.

The Million Father Pledge for Fathers and Men
I will take my children or a child to school and I will be at school on the first day to encourage all children to do their best every day at school.
I am responsible for the education of my child.
I will volunteer at my child's school three times this school year
I will pick up my child's progress report or grade report when required.
I will meet with my child's teachers at least two times this year and support them in educating my child.
I will mentor my child or a child and I will teach children the values of education and family as well as the value of life
I will work with my child's mother or guardian to achieve the best academic and social outcomes for my child even if I don not live with my child.
Please participate in the Million Father March August 18, the first day of school for Gary students and encourage all who care to participate as well. Please use the links to contact the organizers of this event.

No comments:

iframe src="//rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?o=1&p=45&l=ur1&category=primediscounted&banner=15JPEDP96DVN393Z8N02&f=ifr&linkID=7b1459e251585280c07ed3f766c62486&t=buymyamazon-20&tracking_id=buymyamazon-20" width="192" height="53" scrolling="no" border="0" marginwidth="0" style="border:none;" frameborder="0">

Telegraph Barack Obama

Video - CNNMoney.com

starbulletin.com | Local News Hawaii